Sunday, September 18, 2011

when I first started down the track

of trying to find this k-pop song I heard in H Mart today, I promised myself it would be a two hour commitment. But then youtube was all like, "no it doesn't work like that you dumb bitch," and here I am four hours later.

Let me tell you some things about k-pop. There is no such thing as too many band members. It feels like everyone in Korea has used the same synthesizer for the past like... thirty years. If there is ever a misgiving about the direction of a song, you should probably add some flute. By Korean genre standards, maroon5 would be considered a "melodic punk band." I guess it's comforting to know that mainstream creative lousery is a cross-cultural affliction.

After wading through progressive-folk, weird doors copy cat bands, and acoustic twee backwash, I don't know right from wrong, good from bad, and I forget who I am. I managed to find some gems, but I can hear some sloshing in my head so maybe I'm not to be trusted.


channeling edith piaf


kim choo ja is this lady who puddles herself on the floor, and then sings by herself, usually angrily.

last three, top of the heap.






now excuse me while i attempt to reconstruct my psyche.

No comments:

Post a Comment