Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I really just want to listen to old music I love most of the time. I keep trying to feed myself new books and movies, but I always find myself falling back in to old patterns. It's like that time me and alex were walking in prospect park and found a battery wedged in a fallen tree trunk. It looked as though the trunk grew around the battery and it just became part of the tree through stupid coincidence. It was also a battery brand I didn't recognize, and looked like the sort of antiquated energy source used to power a walkman or a ghetto blaster.

I forget where I was going with this, but I think I'm old enough now where I've formed indelible qualities and old man sticking points to what I like and what I don't. But I usually end up contradicting myself. For instance, seeing alex katz in person was like a brick to my head. I guess the subject matter undermines the process and allure of those thin, thin, fresh layers of paint. I mean, how excited would you be if I told you about some paintings of anna wintour and a bunch of flowers.. maybe a lake and a cat. Sounds mind numbing, I know, but trust me, they are really great flowers.

I am trying to keep the spirit of this blog alive which is I am usually drunk when I write in it.

My favorite person right now is Luigi Palma di Cesnola. He was the first director of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and a fucking crazy motherfucker. I can just imagine him ripping sarcophagus's from the ground in Cyprus and screaming, "ka-ching!" His wikipedia article is much more stately than the account I am reading of him. I don't know, everyone looks diginified in photos taken before 1980.

No comments:

Post a Comment