Tuesday, April 12, 2011

art abuse

2011 – ".. the painting is 'very homosexual. I was trying to remove it. I think it should be burned ... I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.'

2010 – An art student visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art loses her balance and topples into Pablo Picasso's ‘The Actor,’ leaving a 6in tear

2007 – A woman says that she was so overcome with passion that she couldn’t resist planting a kiss on a painting by U.S. artist Cy Twombly at a gallery in Avignon, France

2007 – A gaggle of drunks broke into the Musee D' Orsay in Paris and slashed a 4in tear into Monet's 1874 Le pont d' Argenteuil – the culprits are still at large

1996 - Student Jubal Brow vomits on Piet Mondrian's Composition with Red and BlueI at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. He claims that the incident was intentional

1972 – At the Vatican Michelangelo's Pieta is bludgeoned with a hammer by a man yelling "I am Jesus Christ, risen from the dead!"

No comments:

Post a Comment