Thursday, July 1, 2010

i used to be employable

The next phase of my employment search involves the crushing re-realization that I am overeducated in an antiquated niche market, over-qualified by the branch of that same antiquated niche market, and that I basically need to start applying for questionably legitimate jobs.

I just applied for a job as a Wing Woman to help a dude meet girls at bars.
I am totally willing to commit to the role of cute but not cute enough to date, non-threatening female friend. I will wear awkward color combinations, uncomb my hair, and put on a little too much make-up in order to successfully embody the part. I will wear socks with sandals in such a way that it teeters on the brink of working it and not working. I will wear questionable floral patterns that walk the line of bold/graphic or cluelessly hawaiian. It will be a stretch to pare down my 24/7 policy of nonstop glamour, but for $20/hr and a few good stories, I am willing to give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment